Whenever an individual gets arrested for a crime, the judge may set bail as collateral for the individual to return to court when told to. Bail can be cash, a bond, or property given to the court as this form of collateral. The bail amount may vary depending on a wide variety of factors, from the crime committed to the individual’s personal details. Although all bail amounts are different, there are some key details that go into determining what an individual’s bail amount will be. Age, other current charges, criminal history, and prior history of not appearing in court will all go into consideration. If you require bail bond service, Freedom Bail Bonds can help.
In general, public indecency or being drunk in public will garner a bail amount of $200 to $500. Paying this amount may not be as difficult as paying the other amounts we’ll discuss.
- Battery against a peace officer
- Possession of controlled substance
- Driving under the influence on a suspended license
- Battery against a spouse or someone else
- Second offense of illegal possession of controlled substance
- Violating a temporary restraining order
- First charge of stalking
- Indecent exposure
- Carrying a concealed weapon without a license
- Evading police officer while driving
- Assault with a deadly weapon (not a firearm)
- Assault with a firearm
- Involuntary manslaughter
- Hit and run that results in bodily injury or death
- Illegal sexual intercourse with a minor
- Possession of marijuana with the intent to sell
Why Bail Amounts Differ So Much
The reason bail amounts differ wildly is due to the severity of the act committed. Being drunk in public does not compare to assault with a firearm, in accordance with the law. The reason some bail amounts are so exuberant (like the common $1 million bail for murder) is so the judge can make sure the accused individual remains in jail and away from other people. This is done in order to keep civilians safe from a potentially hazardous individual.
Get the Bail Bond Service You Deserve
Issues such as possession of a controlled substance tend to set a $2,500 bail. This amount may be difficult for an individual to pay fully. In these instances, a bail bond agency can help the individual. An agency will pay for a bond, allowing the individual to walk free until their court date comes up. If you’re in the El Paso area and you or a loved one requires bail bond service, Freedom Bail Bonds can help! Since we’ve been serving El Paso since 1985, we know exactly how to help our neighbors when they need it the most. With this in mind, contact us today to learn more about what we have to offer!